Tips Protected Your Information while Using Airport Wi-Fi Internet
Tips for Safe Browsing Using Wi-Fi at Airports
If it becomes necessary to connect to internet using Wi-Fi network at the airport, here is what novice travelers can do to keep their personal data secured from various cyber attacks:
• Install a good firewall and antivirus on your laptop to keep hackers and viruses at bay.
• Set the Bluetooth devices on off mode so that it may not get connected to any unsafe network connection automatically.
• Set your laptop’s network settings to ask for permission before connecting to any unknown network.
• Use VPN (Virtual Private Network) if available; it creates a secured bridge between your laptop and the public network and hence protects your data from being shared.
• Be careful while entering sensitive data to avoid the chances of sending them to cyberspace.
• The public networks are not safe to carry out online banking and transactions.
• Check for “https://” before credit card or banking transactions. This confirms that the web page is secured.
• Avoid sending confidential mails while using public network. Prefer secured web email client over software like Outlook.
• Consult the airport authorities or check airport’s website to read about airport’s Wi-Fi service and to get the information on the legitimate Wi-Fi hotspots and networks.