Visiting the Empire State Building in New York City
• The top of the Empire State Building is lit up at night in different colors to celebrate various holidays. For a long time after Sept. 11, 2001, it was continuously lit red, white, and blue.
• The height of the antenna has been decreased from 448.7 meters (1472 feet) to 443.2 meters (1454 feet).
• After 09.11.2001, it regained its title as the tallest building in NYC, lost from the destruction of WTC twin towers. It will be surpassed by One World Trade Center in 2013.
• The 86th floor observatory is visited by 3.5 milllion people every year.
• Member of “World Federation of Great Towers”.