Barcelona for Families
Barcelona is one of the most popular city break destinations world wide, and no less so for families. There are numerous reasons for this, and this guide tries to pin-point the main ones and serve as an introduction to what you can do and see in Barcelona. There is also information about practical and safety issues.
The most budget friendly and uncomplicated alternative for accommodation in Barcelona is a short-term apartment rental. Renting an apartment means saving on accommodation, as the price per head becomes very affordable. Besides preparing meals in a fully functional kitchen will help you further in cutting down on expenses.
-Port Aventura (in Tarragona).A “Disneyland” style adventure park about an hours journey south of Barcelona. A kid’s favorite.
-The IMAX Theatre. For spectacular 3D movie experiences, situated in the Maremagnum shopping complex at Port Vell – the old port.
– Harbor Cruise. There are boats on the Old Port that will bring for a relaxing but fun hour and a half. cruise along the coast.
Sightseeing and activities:
– Swimming. There are miles of clean city beaches where you can rent anything from roller blades to windsurfing boards, or simply relax on the white sand.
– Picnic in Parc Guell.The world famous park envisioned by architect Antoni Gaudi is the ideal picnic location. Spectacular city views and fairy-tale houses and circling paths.
– Barcelona Zoo. Go to the Ciutadella park and visit more than 400 species of birds and mammals!
– Barcelona Aquarium. All types of exciting ocean dwellers reside here, with sharks as the main attraction.
Located at the Maremagnum.
– Camp Nou. A soccer game at Camp Nou, the biggest stadium in Europe is a treat, even if you only have the smallest of interests in sports.
Tags: Antoni Gaudí, Barcelona, Camp Nou, etraveltrips.com.Travel, Montjuïc, Parc de la Ciutadella, Port Vell, PortAventura, Romantic getaways, Shopping, sightseeing, Spain, Tarragona, travel, vacation