Top Ten Golf Destinations in the USA
From coast to coast, the U.S. is home to hundreds of golf resorts and championship golf courses. Among the best:
1. Augusta National Golf Club,Augusta, Georgia. Steeped in tradition, this course set on a former plantation has hosted the Masters Tournament since 1934.
3. Bandon, Oregon. Along the rocky Pacific coastline, this town is home to the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, with four links-style courses. Also nearby is the highly ranked Bandon Crossings Golf Course.
4. Southampton, New York. Four nationally acclaimed courses are located in this Long Island resort town, including Shinnecock Hills and the National Golf Links of America.
5. Kiawah Island Golf Resort, South Carolina. This oceanfront golf resort has five championship courses and has hosted top tournaments, including PGA Championships, Ryder Cups and World Cups.
6. Sawgrass Golf Resort, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The second-largest golf resort in the U.S. includes the world-famous THE PLAYERS Stadium Course.
7. Pinehurst Resort, Pinehurst, North Carolina. The largest golf resort in America and one of the largest in the world includes eight courses sprawled across 2,000 acres.
8. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Myrtle Beach encompasses more than 100 golf courses along the South Carolina coast, among them the Barefoot Resort’s four championship courses.
9. Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii. This luxury resort has two 18-hole championship golf courses, including the Plantation Course, a frequent host of the Tournament of Champions.
Tags: Augusta National Golf Club, Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, etraveltrips, Golf, golf clubhouse, Golf Vacation, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, Myrtle Beach South Carolina, National Golf Links of America, Pebble Beach California, Ponte Vedra Beach Florida, Shinnecock hills, South Carolina, Top golf courses, TPC Sawgrass, travel, vacation