Top Ten Casinos & Gambling Destinations
The lure of striking it rich draws millions to American casinos and gambling destinations every year. Here are our faves.
1.Downtown Las Vegas has changed considerably since the 1950s, but the Golden Nugget, on Fremont Street, still boasts a vintage marquis and its signature chunk of gold.
3. Upscale gambling returned to the boardwalk in Atlantic City, N.J., when the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – with its marble floors and Doric columns – opened in 2003.
4. Harrah’s Tunica in Tunica, Miss., is a poker mecca. The casino hosts the largest World Series of Poker Circuit every year.
5.Top-notch restaurants, Native American artwork and walk-up drink windows highlight the casino at the Tulalip Resort Casino in Tulalip, Wash., about an hour north of Seattle.
6. Southern California residents flock to Pala Casino Resort & Spa in Pala, Calif., which offers smoking and non-smoking gaming areas.
7. Horse-racing fans love the timeless elegance of the Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. The track, which opened in 1863, remains the oldest organized sporting venue in the U.S.
8. Rising like Oz above the countryside near Mashantucket, Conn., Foxwoods Resort Casino represents the largest casino in North America. An on-site museum informs visitors about the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, owners since 1986.
9. The main gaming floor at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino Resort in Hollywood, Fla., displays music memorabilia used by The Beatles, Gloria Estefan and others.
10. The Churchill Downs racetrack in Louisville, Ky., hosts the annual Kentucky Derby, but the track operates three other months of horse racing, too. After placing a wager, watch the race at the rollicking Silks or Champions lounges.
Categories: Abacos, Atlantic City, California, Connecticut, Florida, General, Hollywood, Kentucky, Las Vegas, Louisville, Mashantucket, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pala, Saratoga Springs, Tulalip, Tunica, USA
Tags: Atlantic City, Atlantic Ocean, casinos, Connecticut, etraveltrips, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Gambing, Gambing Destinations, Gurney's Inn, Horse Racing, Las vegas, Ledyard, Mohonk Mountain House, New Jersey, New York City, Pala Casino Resort & Spa, Pico Mountain, Saratoga Race Course, Saratoga Springs, Tulalip Resort Casino in Tulalip