Top Ten USA Skiing Destinations
The United States has some wonderful skiing destinations, with world class facilities, top end hotels and resorts and nightlife, below we give you 10 skiing destinations for you to explore.
1. Salt Lake City Utah. Boasting “The Greatest Snow on Earth,” this city has nine top ski resorts less than an hour apart, including Alta, Snowbird and Deer Valley, which has been ranked the No. 1 ski resort in North America.
2. White Mountains, New Hampshire. Stay in North Conway, the epicenter of New Hampshire skiing, with eight resorts within driving distance. Intermediates like the groomed trails at Bretton Woods. Wildcat and Cannon Mountain are known for their narrow chutes.
3. Lake Tahoe, California. Lively casinos, 300 days of sunshine and seven world-class resorts make this one of the top destinations in the country. Heavenly Resort is the largest ski resort in the U.S.
4. Mount Hood, Oregon. Picturesque Mount Hood is home to four ski areas, including Timberline Lodge, with North America’s longest ski season.
5. Summit County, Colorado. Four world-class resorts are less than two hours from Denver, including Arapahoe Basin, known for its chutes, and Breckenridge, with black-diamond moguls.
6. Aspen-Snowmass Colorado. This upscale ski town in the Rockies, with lively nightlife and four mountains, is a favorite with celebrities. Aspen Mountain is famous for its expert terrain.
7. Northern Vermont. From your base in Burlington, on shores of Lake Champlain, you’ll have access to five resorts within easy driving distance, including Jay Peak, Stowe Mountain Resort and family-friendly Smugglers’ Notch.
8. Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This Western-style cowboy town in the heart of the Tetons has some of the wildest back country terrain in the country.
Tags: Adventure Travel, Aspen, California, Colorado, etraveltrips, Lake Tahoe, Luxury Hotels, Mount Hood, Romantic getaways, Salt Lake City, Shopping, sightseeing, Ski Vacation, Skiing, travel, Utah, vail, Vail Colorado, White Mountain