Why St Tropez France?
About halfway between Nice and Marseille, St Tropez itself is quite small. The harbor was once filled with fishing boats and today is crowded with millionaire yachts. St Tropez is one of Europe’s most glamorous resorts, with an unspoiled sandy beach, chic cafés and buzzing clubs.
When to go – The season begins in April and the beach clubs open in May. June and July can be crowded with bumper to bumper traffic. Many visitors prefer to visit during September and October when the summer crowds have gone.
The weather – The French Riviera is known for its mild weather. June is particularly warm and July and August are the hottest months.
Who holidays there – Chic cafes, fine dining restaurants and vibrant clubs make St Tropez a popular choice for young, trendy holidaymakers. But St Tropez is not just a getaway for the young and wealthy. Although not catering for very young children, teenagers will enjoy the glamour and definitely the shopping.
• Club 55
• Les Mouscardins
• La Petite Auberge de Barbigoua
Places to visit
• Musée de l’Annonciade
• The market in the place des Lices
• The waterfront around the Old Port
• Place des Lices
• 17th-century citadel
• La Maison des Papillons (The House of Butterflies)
• Port Grimaud – a miniature Venice
• Hotel Byblos – luxurious spa.
• The best beach in the area is Plage de Tahiti, with plenty of bars, cafés and a range of watersports • Naturists prefer the west of St Tropez
• The Caves du Roy
• Le Papagayo
• Octave Café
• VIP Room
• Kiwi – beachwear
Tags: Annonciade, Beach Vacation, etraveltrips, Europe, Family vacations, France, French Riviera, Marseille, Nice, Port Grimaud, Romantic getaways, Saint Tropez, Shopping, sightseeing, St Tropez, travel, Tropez